To become a Scholar, a student needs to be nominated by our on-site Philippine Coordinator. Criteria include:
1. Between ages 4 and 25 years old, inclusive.
2. Household income less than $3000 (U.S.) per year. This may seem high for the Philippines, but over 90% of students have families with incomes less than $1500 per year, which is just enough for a roof and meals.
3. Not related to any member of Philippine Scholars corporation.
4. Provides accurate information for his/her casesheet, showing financial need.We have a committee to review the information and seek clarifications. Once a student has been accepted as a candidate, he/she must wait until a Sponsor is found.
1. Prepare a study plan for the sponsor at the start of the school year or when accepted.
2. Attend an accredited school with acceptably minimal absences, and maintain passing
grades (we have an academic standards committee at each site).
3. Provide a copy of report card twice a year.
4. Attend meetings set up by the Philippine Coordinator to disburse funds, motivate or
encourage good scholarship.
5. Write or send email to the Sponsor at least twice every three months.